Gone are the days when you can just rank your beloved write up by writing great content or getting comments. In this digital era, the Google has now evolved with advanced paradigms and algorithms that changed the whole facet of digital marketing. However, you need to optimize your blog with the help of best SEO (search engine optimization) techniques, i.e. On-page and Off-page. In this blog, I would like to guide you some of the best SEO techniques that help you to optimize your content to a great extent. Furthermore, these techniques even help your blog or article to get top rankings and that too without violating any Google guidelines. But, first of all, let’s talk about what is On-page optimization.
The definition of On-Page SEO optimization has been interpreted differently by different sources. But, in simple terms, the On-page SEO optimization is the process of making your web pages or blogs optimized for multiple search engine platforms so that they can rank higher and generate more traffic. Some of the famous On-page optimization techniques include optimizing the text content (images, Meta tags, web copy, permalinks, etc.), as well as optimizing the HTML (mobile-friendly site, removing unwanted codes, loading time) of a web page. Before dive into the On-page SEO techniques, it’s time to show you a complete picturesque of its well-known benefits.
Benefits Of On-Page SEO Techniques
Here are the lists of the benefits of the On-page SEO techniques and tells why it is necessary for your blog.
- Most of the SEO strategies focus only on providing the best user experience. So, when you use On-page SEO techniques to optimize your website, then ultimately you are giving users a very good experience.
- With the help of On-page optimization techniques, you can easily get higher search engine result pages that means your website will be visible to any a selected group of people.
- On-page SEO techniques help in generating three times more leads as compared to traditional marketing.
- Eventually, it led to better ranking, more traffic, more leads, ad-clicks, sales, and high profit.
Top 10 On-page SEO techniques
The top 10 on-page SEO techniques are as follows:
- Writing Authentic Content: It is quite obvious that writing top quality content takes a bit time, but it is one of the crucial things that can help you a lot in making your blog on the content. However, copying or stealing the content may harm your online reputation a lot. Thus, it is highly recommended to write fresh content for your website. Try to write an article or a blog more than 2000 words as it will help you to get more links, shares, better rankings, etc. One more thing, always write grammatically correct content for a good impression among the readers. You can install ‘Grammarly’ to write error-free content for the website.
- Aware of Solid Keyword placement strategy: Another crucial technique of On-page optimization is keyword placement. Always make sure that you use targeted keywords in your blog and try to avoid over-stuffing as the Google will be able to know and can lower your blog or site ranking. Also, use appropriate keywords in the first 100 words of your write up and ensure to make your writing more natural and easily
Note: Make sure you use the target keyword at least once in the opening and the closing paragraph of your blog or article.
- Optimize Your Images with the multiple tags: No doubt, images are not used much, but if it optimized properly they can help to bring out a bunch of online traffic and improve your site a lot. Make sure that you rename the image file which can be easily readable by the user. Like, change the file name 455.jpg to SEO-startegy.jpg as it let the image to show up in the image search when a user tries to search for the SEO strategy.
Note: whenever possible, use a caption because it is more readable than the body text.
- Optimize Dwell time: Now, you must be wondering what does the dwell time mean? Well, it is nothing but the actual time length that a user spends on a specific page. If a user spends two or more than two minutes, then it is considered as a goof SEO signal, but, if a user returns within a short time(less than 2 minutes), then it is measured as a poor dwell time. If you want to boost your dwell time, then make sure to add a related video that helps to keep a reader on your site for few more minutes. Moreover, write long and engaging content as it will also help a lot in keeping a reader on your website for long.
- You must have the most SEO optimized permalink structure: For a website SEO, the permalinks are very important for the On-page optimization. Now, the question arises, what is permalink? In the URL, a permalink is a part of the URL that usually comes after the main domain as shown in the image below:
If you are willing to start a WordPress blog, then make sure to choose a permalink structure which is simple and short. Not only this, a simple URL structure helps in making your blog or article more optimized for the search engines.
- Do Internal Linking: Here comes another crucial technique, i.e. internal linking. It is quite necessary to use as it helps in creating a better structure for your articles or blogs and even incite the readers to click on the respective write-ups. It also helps to lower the overall bounce rate of the website, which is very good from the SEO point of view. In order to optimize the internal linking, while writing a blog, just make sure you link it to other resources related to the topic.
- Add Outbound Citation Links: As per the SEO study, it has been shown that the outbound links do have a positive impact on SEO. Due to this, Google considers your website a genuine one and push it to its very first page. In other words, if you add outbound links, then actually you are sending the audience to go to the other online sources to fetch more information. Well, it is a good way of optimizing your site for the Google as well as the readers.
- Emphasis more on Branded site: Remember, your blog is the foremost thing that the visitors go through after they click on your write up in the search engine result pages. Make sure that your site has a branded look that helps in boosting your site’s authority that helps in triggering conversions and credibility. Moreover, you should ensure that your website is quite responsive because Google detects mobile responsive sites more than those are not.
- Improve your Website Speed: Sometimes, you have seen that your website is taking a bit more time in loading. Hence, it is directly linked to its rankings. A fast loading site is much important as a delay of seconds can even let you lose sales and visitors. If you are willing to optimize the speed of your website, and then make sure you use caching plug-ins like WP-Rocket, Super Cache, etc. Also, make sure that you use a light WordPress theme, not too fancy or too dull. Besides it, try to give your readers a better user experience by removing unnecessary widgets from the sidebar.
- Add Page Title and an Optimized Meta Title for your Blog: In most of the cases, bloggers often get confused between the two terms; Page title and Meta title. However, they both are different terms. The Meta title is what you see in the search and on the other hand, the page title is that you see on the blog as the title of the post. Certainly, optimizing the Meta title and page titles are quite crucial. Make sure that you have a meaningful title in search engine result pages (SERP). The title tags should be 70 characters long and not more than 600 pixels wide. More importantly, keep the targeted keyword at the beginning of the Meta title as it will help the search engines to understand more about your blog.
Note: Always feel free to add modifiers to your Meta title as it will surely help you in boosting the click-through rate of your blog post.